Making this garland was so much fun! The beauty of this project (besides the obvious) is that you can totally customize it to the holiday you'd like to decorate it for. You can use snowflakes for Christmas, pumpkins for Halloween, bunnies or eggs for Easter and so on. I went with the hearts since they are perfect for any occasion.
Here is what you'll need:
- wooden or carton hearts (I got mine from local craft shop)
- paper glue
- thick cotton thread
- tissue paper
- pen or pencil
- small roller or brush
1. Fold your tissue paper several times. Using your pen trace around the heart leaving a bit of space.
2. Cut out the heart leaving no pen marks.
3. Apply the glue all over the wooden piece including the sides and place the thread like shown on the photo - that will be your back side.
4. Place one sheet of tissue heart on top and run the roller (brush) all over the paper so that the edges end up sticking to the other side.
5. Turn it over and repeat. It should look like this. To me, the more wrinkles and bubbles there are, the more natural and fresh it looks.